A delicious and succulent rosemary lamb recipe.
Roast Leg of Lamb with Rosemary and Garlic
Author: Paleo Recipe Book
- 1 leg of lamb, bone-in, about 5 ½ lbs.
- 12 sprigs rosemary, each sprig cut in half
- 6 garlic cloves halved lengthwise
- Cooking fat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425° F.
- Refer to the cooking times and temperatures charts to calculate the needed cooking time of the roast depending on its weight and desired doneness.
- Make 12 incisions on the fatty side of the roast with a sharp knife and insert half a garlic clove and half a rosemary sprig in each incisions.
- Rub the roast with melted cooking fat of your choice.
- Place the roast in a roasting pan and roast for a first 15 minutes.
- Reduce the temperature to 350 F and continue roasting for the remaining of the time, basting with the fat occasionally.
- When cooked, remove the roast from the oven, place on a cutting board and let rest, covered with foil, for about 20 minutes.
- Carve the roast and serve while hot.
The Paleo Recipe Book contains over 370 easy Paleo recipes divided into 18 food categories. Enough options to cover everything you will ever need to eat the healthiest and tastiest food. 100% Paleo aproved: No grains, no dairy, no legumes, no sugar, no vegetable oils and no preservatives. Desserts, snacks, organs meats, breakfast, main courses, sides, dips… Nothing has been left out! Visit paleorecipebook.com today!