This paleo pan-fried Moroccan chicken recipe uses a unique spice rub, adding a flavorful twist to tried-and-true favorite.
Pan-Fried Moroccan Chicken
Author: The Paleo Recipe Book
- 1 chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp ground cumin
- 4 tbsp raisins (optional)
- 4 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cooking fat
- 2 lbs. chicken fillets, cut into strips
- 1 orange, halved and sliced
- 4 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Combine the olive oil with the chili flakes, chopped chili, garlic, lemon juice, cinnamon, cumin, pine nuts and raisins, if using. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Coat the chicken strips in the rub and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat some cooking fat in a large frying pan and cook the marinated chicken strips on a medium heat for about 2 minutes.
- Flip the chicken strips over, add the orange slices and cook for a further 2 or 3 minutes, until well cooked.
- Stir in the fresh mint and serve.
The Paleo Recipe Book contains over 370 easy Paleo recipes divided into 18 food categories. Enough options to cover everything you will ever need to eat the healthiest and tastiest food. 100% Paleo aproved: No grains, no dairy, no legumes, no sugar, no vegetable oils and no preservatives. Desserts, snacks, organs meats, breakfast, main courses, sides, dips… Nothing has been left out! Visit paleorecipebook.com today!