The only real difference with these pancakes is that they won’t “bubble” on top the same way as regular pancakes.
Paleo Pro Pancakes
Nutritional Information: Each pancake has 10 gram effective carbohydrate, plus 2 grams of fiber, 4 grams of protein, and 135 calories. Submitted by James Walker
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup milled flax flour
- ¼ cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- 3 eggs
- 1 serving cup, unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 T chopped walnuts
- 1 scoop vanilla Whey protein powder (I use Hydro Whey by Optimum Nutrition)
- 2 T Dark chocolate mini chips
- Mix ingredients together well with mixer and cook as you would other pancakes. I use a nonstick pan sprayed with Pam olive oil spray. The only real difference is that they won’t “bubble” on top the same way as regular pancakes. Flip them when the underside is brown.
- Serve with berry or three berry syrup or drizzle with honey.
- Berry syrup: Take 1-2 cups blueberries, raspberries & black berries and place in sauce pan with ½ cup water-bring mixture to slow boil and cook 5 minutes. Remove from heat and mash with potato masher, return to heat for 5 minutes. Remove and let set, as sauce cools it will thicken.
- Yield: 6-8 4-inch pancakes
Do you want to lose fat and stay young, all while avoiding cancer, diabetes, heart disease, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's and a host of other illnesses? Robb Wolf's The Paleo Solution incorporates the latest, cutting edge research from genetics, biochemistry and anthropology to help you look, feel and perform your best. Check out The Paleo Solution: The Original Human Diet today.