This is a nice and bulky pie where the crust is made out of sausage and the filling is an omelet with bell peppers and onions. This one is bound to become a favorite.
Omelette with Sausage Crust
Author: Paleo Recipe Book
- ¾ lb ground beef
- ¾ lb breakfast sausage
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup onion, minced
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- ¾ tsp oregano
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ⅛ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Combine together in a bowl the ground beef, sausage meat, eggs, onion, basil (keep 1 tbsp of the basil for the omelet filling), oregano and season to taste. Set 1 cup of the mixture aside.
- Line the rest of the mixture in a round 10-inch pie plate as you would a normal crust by pressing everything together firmly.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Meanwhile, sauté the reserved meat mixture in a bit of cooking fat until well cooked. Let cool.
- Remove the pre-baked crust from the oven and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Combine the eggs, coconut milk, onion powder and red bell peppers in a bowl with a whisk.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cooled sausage crust and then sprinkle the remaining 1 cup basil and sausage mixture as well as the chopped chives and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
The Paleo Recipe Book contains over 370 easy Paleo recipes divided into 18 food categories. Enough options to cover everything you will ever need to eat the healthiest and tastiest food. 100% Paleo aproved: No grains, no dairy, no legumes, no sugar, no vegetable oils and no preservatives. Desserts, snacks, organs meats, breakfast, main courses, sides, dips… Nothing has been left out! Visit paleorecipebook.com today!