An excellent recipe when you’re looking for some delicious Paleo comfort food.
Mushroom and Hazelnut Chicken
Author: The Paleo Recipe Book
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- ½ lb. mushrooms, your favorite kind, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup homemade or Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- Cooking fat
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Heat some cooking fat in a pan and cook the onion with the garlic until the onion is soft, about 7 minutes. Add the mushrooms, and cook on a medium heat until all the moisture has evaporated from the mushrooms. Mix in the chopped hazelnuts and remove from heat.
- Set the onion, mushrooms, and hazelnuts aside in a bowl. Cut the thickest part of each chicken breast with a sharp knife to form a cavity for the stuffing. Stuff each breast with the mushroom, onion and hazelnut stuffing. Secure the breasts with butcher’s twine.
- Add some more cooking fat in the pan you used to cook the stuffing and brown the chicken breasts on each side.
- Place on a baking sheet in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until well cooked. Remove from the oven and let rest while you prepare the gravy.
- In the same pan you used previously, heat up the stock with the mustard and sage, bring to a simmer and let simmer a few minutes to reduce and thicken to the desired consistency.
- Cut the twine off the chicken breasts and serve topped off with the pan gravy.
The Paleo Recipe Book contains over 370 easy Paleo recipes divided into 18 food categories. Enough options to cover everything you will ever need to eat the healthiest and tastiest food. 100% Paleo aproved: No grains, no dairy, no legumes, no sugar, no vegetable oils and no preservatives. Desserts, snacks, organs meats, breakfast, main courses, sides, dips… Nothing has been left out! Visit paleorecipebook.com today!