A healthier paleo version of a burger and fries, using baked sweet potato chips.
Meatballs with Crunchy Sweet Potato Chips
Author: The Paleo Cookbooks
Recipe type: Entrees
- 250g mince
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅓ cup almond meal
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 tsp dijon mustard (optional)
- 25g tomato paste
- 2 Tbs sage
- 1 sweet potato, medium
- Olive oil
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180° Celsius/350° Fahrenheit.
- Place spinach in a bowl and cover with boiling water, leave for 2 minutes before draining as much liquid as possible from the spinach. Chop well.
- Place spinach in a bowl along with mince, salt, almond meal, mustard, tomato paste and sage. Combine well.
- Roll into 2.5cm size balls and place on an oven proof baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Meanwhile, heat enough oil in a frying pan for deep frying. Peel sweet potato then slice into ribbons using a vegetable peeler.
- Place a small handful of sweet potato ribbons in frying pan and fry for 2-3 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Remove from frying pan and place on a plate lined with paper towel to drain.
- Repeat with remaining sweet potato.
- To serve, place sweet potato ribbons on a plate and top with meatballs.
The Paleo Cookbooks provide you with a range of dishes for every occasion – from light no-fuss meals through to dinner parties, family celebrations and summer salads. Simple and Easy to Create Recipes with clear step by step instructions you will be able to produce paleo friendly meals that get rave reviews from friends and family every time! Visit us at www.paleocookbook.com.
Latest posts by The Paleo Cookbooks (see all)
- Roasted Carrots and Onion with Honey Balsamic Dressing - February 15, 2012
- Sweet Potato, Bacon and Egg Salad - February 15, 2012
- Lemon Meringue Pie - February 14, 2012