A lightly and naturally sweetened paleo dessert recipe.
Lemon Meringue Pie
Author: The Paleo Cookbooks
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 5tsp finely grated lemon rind
- (approximately 4 lemons)
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 4tbs arrow root
- 5 egg yolks
- 5 egg whites
- 2tbs maple syrup
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 160° Celsius/325° Fahrenheit.
- Place lemon juice, lemon rind and maple syrup in a medium size pan on low heat.
- In a small bowl, combine coconut milk and arrow root powder. Add to lemon juice mixture, stirring consistently until simmering.
- Beat egg yolks together in a small bowl then add to simmering lemon mixture, stir constantly for 3-4 minutes, or until mixture has thickened. Pour into a pie dish.
- To make the meringue, beat the egg whites and maple syrup in a medium size mixing bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the meringue on top of the lemon filling then place into oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Cool before serving.
The Paleo Cookbooks provide you with a range of dishes for every occasion – from light no-fuss meals through to dinner parties, family celebrations and summer salads. Simple and Easy to Create Recipes with clear step by step instructions you will be able to produce paleo friendly meals that get rave reviews from friends and family every time! Visit us at www.paleocookbook.com.
Latest posts by The Paleo Cookbooks (see all)
- Roasted Carrots and Onion with Honey Balsamic Dressing - February 15, 2012
- Sweet Potato, Bacon and Egg Salad - February 15, 2012
- Lemon Meringue Pie - February 14, 2012