A great slow cooker recipe with ground beef and cabbage.
Crock Pot Cabbage Rolls
Author: Paleo Recipe Book
- 12 large cabbage leaves
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup chicken or beef stock
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup cauliflower, grated
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Blanch the cabbage leaves by placing them in a pot of boiling salted water for about 2 minutes, until the cabbage leaves start to soften. Drain and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Combine together in a bowl the stock, onion, ground beef, cauliflower and egg. Season the mixture to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the soft cabbage leaves on a flat surface and fill each one with 1/12 of the meat mixture near the base of the leaves.
- Fold the sides of the leaves and roll them on themselves to close up the mixture inside.
- Prepare the sauce by combining together the tomato sauce with the lemon juice. Season the sauce to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the stuffed cabbage rolls inside a crock pot and pour the tomato sauce over.
- Cook on Low for 7 to 9 hours.
The Paleo Recipe Book contains over 370 easy Paleo recipes divided into 18 food categories. Enough options to cover everything you will ever need to eat the healthiest and tastiest food. 100% Paleo aproved: No grains, no dairy, no legumes, no sugar, no vegetable oils and no preservatives. Desserts, snacks, organs meats, breakfast, main courses, sides, dips… Nothing has been left out! Visit paleorecipebook.com today!