A simple and tasty roast featuring pork and garlic.
Citrus Pork Rib Roast
Author: Paleo Recipe Book
- 1 pork rib roast, about 4 lbs
- 3 cloves garlic
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- Juice and zest of 2 oranges
- 10 bay leaves
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds, chopped
- ½ tbsp Juniper berries, crushed with the side of a knife
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Cooking fat, melted
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Make small incisions on the fatty side of the pork roast and insert a garlic clove and a clove in each of them.
- Combine the olive oil, 2 tablespoons cooking fat, and the juice and zest of the lemons and oranges in a baking dish together with the bay leaves, rosemary, fennel seeds and Juniper berries.
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper and place the roast in the marinade and in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
- Get the roast out of the refrigerator before cooking so it tempers to room temperature.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Scrape the marinade off the roast and brown it all over in a skillet set over a medium heat.
- Place back the roast in a clean baking dish and roast for about 1 ½ hours, until an instant read thermometer indicates 145 F in the thickest part.
- Let the roast rest for about 15 minutes before carving and serving.
The Paleo Recipe Book contains over 370 easy Paleo recipes divided into 18 food categories. Enough options to cover everything you will ever need to eat the healthiest and tastiest food. 100% Paleo aproved: No grains, no dairy, no legumes, no sugar, no vegetable oils and no preservatives. Desserts, snacks, organs meats, breakfast, main courses, sides, dips… Nothing has been left out! Visit paleorecipebook.com today!