This interesting variation on egg salad adds chicken and an almond satay sauce.
Chicken and Egg Salad with Almond Satay Sauce
Author: The Paleo Cookbooks
- 2 eggs, boiled, cut into quarters
- 1 chicken breast, steamed and shredded
- 2 cups rocket leaves
- 1 carrot, diced
- ½ green capsicum, diced
- 1 small white onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbs oil
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 1 Tbs soy sauce (optional)
- Chili flakes
- To make the almond sauce, place the oil into a frying pan. Fry onion and garlic on low heat for 5 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Add almond butter, coconut cream and soy sauce, stir constantly until thickened. Remove from heat and stir in a desired amount of chili flakes. Leave to cool slightly and remove excess oil.
- Place chicken, rocket, carrot and capsicum in a mixing bowl and combine well. To serve, place rocket salad on a plate with egg quarters and spoon almond sauce on top.
The Paleo Cookbooks provide you with a range of dishes for every occasion – from light no-fuss meals through to dinner parties, family celebrations and summer salads. Simple and Easy to Create Recipes with clear step by step instructions you will be able to produce paleo friendly meals that get rave reviews from friends and family every time! Visit us at www.paleocookbook.com.
Latest posts by The Paleo Cookbooks (see all)
- Roasted Carrots and Onion with Honey Balsamic Dressing - February 15, 2012
- Sweet Potato, Bacon and Egg Salad - February 15, 2012
- Lemon Meringue Pie - February 14, 2012