This is a great side to serve with baked or pan fried fish.
Brussel Sprout and Bacon Medley
Author: Paleo Recipe Book
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 ½ lbs Brussel sprouts
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet over a medium heat and cook the bacon until crispy, about 7 minutes on each side.
- Pat the cooked bacon dry and cut it into ¼-inch pieces.
- Cook the chopped onion in the rendered fat in the skillet you used for the bacon for about 2 minutes.
- Add the whole Brussel sprouts, stir well and cook for another 3 minutes, until they start to soften.
- Pour in the chicken stock, bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and simmer for 10 minutes, covered.
- When cooked, drain the liquid and place the Brussel sprouts in a serving dish sprinkled with the cooked bacon.
The Paleo Recipe Book contains over 370 easy Paleo recipes divided into 18 food categories. Enough options to cover everything you will ever need to eat the healthiest and tastiest food. 100% Paleo aproved: No grains, no dairy, no legumes, no sugar, no vegetable oils and no preservatives. Desserts, snacks, organs meats, breakfast, main courses, sides, dips… Nothing has been left out! Visit paleorecipebook.com today!